Monday, December 17, 2012

Hey, Hey, the Internet saved my life today...

Have you seen this press release?

"Philips Survey Reveals One in 10 Americans Believe Online Health Information Saved Their Life"
A recent U.S. survey commissioned by Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), a leading health and well-being company, found that consumers believe web-enabled, mHealth and mobile apps are part of their health care solutions and key to living long lives. For example, one in 10 Americans (11 percent) surveyed believe that if it were not for web-based health information, “they might already be dead or severely incapacitated.”
Unbelievable!  I think you can find one in ten Americans who believe in anything you might suggest to them in a survey. That's got to be a rounding error.

Whatever! This factoid inspired me to rewrite the lyrics of the song "I Saved The World Today" (with apologies to Annie Lennox and the Eurythmics; listen to the original song in the YouTube video embedded at the end of this post):

Monday finds my symptoms like a bomb
That's been left ticking inside me too long,
Am I bleeding?

From my doctor, there's nothing left to learn
From him I get no e-mail in return,
I’m leaving.

Hey, Hey, the Internet saved my life today...
I’m happy now,
The bad disease has gone away.
And I’m happy now
The good drug's here to stay
Please let it stay.

There's a million mouths to feed
Pharma’s investors got everything they need,
Pharma’s breezing.

There was a hurting thing inside
And I've got side effects to hide.
But at least I’m breathing.

Hey, Hey, the Internet saved my life today...
I’m happy now,
The bad disease has gone away.
And I’m happy now
The good drug's here to stay
Please let it stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...